Monday, December 2, 2013

Funny How Time Slips Away

I've made an early New Year's resolution, that I will post on my blog at least once a week so here I am again. I've been creating a painting for a Christmas card for the past 6 years and I just started this year's yesterday.I always wait until the last minute. Every year I say that I will get it done early but I never do. Time just seems to slip away. Maybe next year. The attached painting is the very first one that I painted and I was doing landscapes then. Here is a little information on how my creative process in case you ever wondered how I come up with my paintings. I love to paint reflections and shiny things and I love vintage. I also like to feel challenged which is a detriment when I need to get a painting finished in a hurry. For my Christmas painting, I decided I wanted to paint candy since my other candy paintings have been so popular. I spent most of a day looking for vintage candy and containers and then another day taking lots and lots of pictures from different angles and perspectives while changing the placement of the objects. After downloading the pictures, I study them for hours. There just doesn't seem to be a fast way for me to paint in my style or at least I haven't found it. But still life painting is my absolute favorite thing. Marsha

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour,

    Je suis très heureuse de découvrir cette dernière peinture de neige... J'aime beaucoup la manière que l'avez travaillée. Il n'est pas évident de peindre la neige.
    J'aime l'atmosphère qui s'en dégage. Un très joli travail.

    Il est vrai que moi aussi je pense vouloir faire plein de choses pour les fêtes de noël et finalement les jours sont proches et je n'ai encore rien réalisé ! Grrrrrr !

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete