Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Beginnings

Heres to New Beginnings! I just sent out my Summer Newsletter and in it I made a promise to Blog at least twice a month. But I'm having so much trouble getting words down. I feel like I'm a good artist but a terrible writer.
Mike Nalley, a photographer friend of mine, came to my house and studio to take pictures of me for my website and a poster. Of course, this was made in my studio. I will publish some other pictures of my studio, but I have to clean it up just a little. If it's too clean, you can't get a good idea of how I work and who I am. Also, he made some pictures of me around the farm that I will publish.
 Yes, I am a farm girl and have been almost all my life except in my 20's. Would you believe that I chopped, hoed and picked cotton in Boaz, Alabama until I moved away at 18? Also, we had an outdoor toilet until I was 8. We really did use a Sears Roebuck Catalog!! This was when my Daddy built us a new house and we finally had hot water and gas heat. Until then, the only heat we had was a fireplace located in the middle of an old drafty house. My summers were always spent working on the farm tending thousands of chickens and turkeys. I live on a farm now  but we're it's about 5 minutes to the mall, interstate and Wal Mart.we only have a few cows and I do none of the work.That's all I can get on this blog. I will post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment