Friday, July 6, 2012

Food as an Art

Blogging is just so easy for some people! For me, it's torture. Someone please tell me it will get easier! I have this idea to share information on my blog about food because my paintings are mostly of food. But, another drawback, I don't like to cook! Never have!
Alas, my friend Cathy Hill has unwittingly come to my rescue. Her art is cooking, gourmet cooking no less. She has just started a blog called www.semiblonde.com. I know that title has nothing to do with food, but I suppose she thought it was fitting since she is 'semi-blonde'. Her July 4 post included the recipe for Spicy Sweet Corn Relish. (I know this doesn't relate to any of my paintings but I'm desperate!) She even got a little artsy in her serving choice! Check it out! She will be posting some recipes that relate to my paintings. That should be interesting!
I'm busy creating paintings for my upcoming show at Dogwood City Art Gallery. The opening reception is August 4, 7-9 PM. I will have 20 - 30 paintings hung. This is an exciting event for me! I've had several solo shows but this is the first time I have had a reception. Everyone is invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment