Monday, August 20, 2012

Blackstock Winery Painting


I hope you had a great weekend! The painting of the vegetables has progressed a little but I don't have a new photo yet. I'm not happy with it so I need to study it for a few days to figure out what I need to do next.

I'm posting a photo of a painting I started several months ago. I stopped working on it because I didn't like  the vineyard view out of the window. Since this picture was taken, I've washed off most of the paint of the vineyard.  Also I haven't put the writing on the bottle and glass. I keep wondering if I should try to make it generic looking instead of just Blackstock Winery, http://www.bsvw.com/,
where the original photo was taken. I thought of having an image made at Digital Arts Studio, http://www.digitalartsstudio.net,  without the writing and then personalizing Giclees to the wine of one's choice. What are your thoughts on that?

If you haven't been to Blackstock Winery in Dahlongea, it is really beautiful there expecially in the fall. On Saturdays they have lunch and live music. There are two other wineries on the same road and several more in Dahlongea. Great relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff.

I've been thinking of my next series and am leaning toward Southern drinks, non-alcoholic like tea and lemonade and mimosas, margueritas, etc. Suggestions are appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Another good winery is in Tiger.Not far from Dahlongea. I think the drinks of tea, lemonade etc would be fantastic. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'll have to check it out. I started working on a still life set up of tea today. Maybe I'll have a new painting of it before long. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete