Friday, November 22, 2013

I'm back to writing my blog.  I hope I can continue it this time. I just can't seem to find time for everything. After I won Daniel Smith's 12th Customer Art Contest for September, I promised Deborah Burns who writes the blog for Daniel Smith that I would write my blog again. Everyone keeps telling me that it is more important than a website, Facebook or Linked In so I will diligently try to keep it up.

 For those who missed the Daniel Smith Blog, you can read it at
http://www.danielsmithblog.com/marsha-chandler-12th-annual-daniel-smith-customer-art-contest-monthly-winner-for-september-2013/  By the way, I won a $100 gift certificate that I spent on new brushes and paints. The brushes are Silver Brushes (Black Velvet) that Soon Warren recommends and I can't wait to get them. I'll let you know if I like them. My old ones are in terrible shape and I can't get a smooth line with any of them. I will also have a 1 in 12 chance of winning a $1500, $1000, $500 or $250 gift certificate. This is the link to the contest. Who knows, you might be the next winner. https://www.facebook.com/DanielSmithArtSupplies/app_451684954848385

 VIP Reception at IGOR Show

I've just returned from trips to three amazing shows for which I am so grateful to be a part. The first show was the International Guild of Realism 8th Juried Exhibition held at the Tempe Center for the Arts in Tempe, AZ. The center is an architectural marvel and it was such a thrill to be in an art show in such a beautiful venue. We had a day of very informative seminars and a VIP reception on Friday, October, 5 and a public reception on Saturday, October 6. It was truly an informative and eventful weekend. IGOR knows how to host an art show! This is a link to the paintings that are in the show http://www.tempe.gov/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=19588

 If you paint realism, you should check out IGOR. It really is a great orginazation with a juried  membership. Their website is http://www.realismguild.com. The tentative location of the 2014 show is the Robert Lange Studio Gallery in Charleston, SC.

Tempe is only a few miles from Scottsdale so we were able to visit the galleries there. They have many realism galleries so I really enjoyed seeing them. However, there were very few watercolor paintings. When will people realize that Watercolor Paintings are Fine Art but that's for another blog. Thank you for reading.

Marsha

2 comments:

  1. Marsha - Congratulations on all your wonderful achievements - I feel like I know a movie star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. That's so sweet. Would love to see you! Happy Thanksgiving! Marsha

      Delete